The major differing kinds of e-commerce are:
business-to-business (B2B);(m-commerce). business-to-consumer(B2C); business-to-government (B2G);consumer-to-consumer (C2C); and mobile commerce
What is B2B e-commerce?
B2B e-commerce is just outlined as e-commerce between corporations.
This is the kind of e-commerce that deals with relationships between and among businesses. regarding eightieth of
e-commerce is of this kind, and most consultants predict that B2B e-commerce can continue
to grow quicker than the B2C phase.
The B2B market has 2 primary components: efrastructure and e-markets. E-frastructure is that the design of B2B,
Primarily consisting of the following:
• supplying – transportation, storage and distribution (e.g., Procter and Gamble);
• Application service suppliers – preparation, hosting and management of prepackaged computer code
from a central facility (e.g., Oracle and Linkshare);
• Outsourcing of functions within the method of e-commerce, comparable to Web-hosting, security
and client care solutions (e.g., outsourcing suppliers comparable to eShare, NetSales, iXL
Enterprises and Universal Access);
• Auction solutions computer code for the operation and maintenance of period of time auctions within the
Internet (e.g., Moai Technologies and OpenSite Technologies);
• Content management computer code for the facilitation of information processing system content management and
delivery (e.g., interlinking and ProcureNet); and
• Web-based commerce enablers (e.g., Commerce One, a browser-based, XML-enabled buying
E-markets square measure merely outlined as internet sites wherever consumers and sellers act with one another
and conduct transactions.
The additional common B2B examples and best follow models square measure IBM, Hewlett Packard (HP),
Cisco and holler. Cisco,
for instance, receives over ninetieth of its product orders over the web.
Most B2B applications square measure within the areas of provider management (especially commercial instrument
processing), inventory management (i.e., managing order-ship-bill cycles), distribution management
(especially within the transmission of shipping documents), channel management (i.e.,
information dissemination on changes in operational conditions), and payment management
(e.g., electronic payment systems or EPS).
What is m-commerce?
M-commerce (mobile commerce) is that the shopping for and commerce of products and services through
wireless technology-i.e., hand-held devices comparable to cellular telephones and private digital
Japan is seen as a world leader in m-commerce.
As content delivery over wireless devices becomes quicker, safer, and ascendible, some
believe that m-commerce can surpass wireline e-commerce because the methodology of selection for digital
This may somewhat be true for the Asia-Pacific wherever there square measure additional mobile users than there square measure web users.
Industries plagued by m-commerce include:
• money services, as well as mobile banking (when customers use their hand-held devices
to access their accounts and pay their bills), moreover as brokerage services (in that
stock quotes will be displayed and mercantilism conducted from an equivalent hand-held device);
• Telecommunications, within which service changes, bill payment and account reviews will
all be conducted from an equivalent hand-held device;
• Service/retail, as shoppers square measure given the flexibility to position and acquire orders on-the-fly;
• data services, that embody the delivery of amusement, money news,
sports figures and traffic updates to one mobile device.