Institutional Support for Exporters India.
As explained in the class, number of Institutional Support for Exporters India is extending various kinds of support for export promotion. The list along with the addresses in Maharashtra is given below.
MSME _ Development Institute, Mumbai
MINISTRY OF MSME GOVT. OF INDIA
…in the service of small scale industries in Maharashtra
ROLE & ACTIVITIES
Small Scale Industry Sector occupies an important position in the country’s industrial economy and continues to contribute to industrial production, exports, creation of employment opportunities etc. This is a sector that has emerged victorious in the face of rising threats from large sector within the country and from multi-nationals abroad. The Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises – Development Institute, Mumbai is the field office of Development Commissioner (MSME). Ministry of MSME. Govt. of India, set up for the promotion and development of Small Scale Industries in the state in the early fifties. This institute provides support/services to the State Government as well as coordinates various activities at the state level for the promotion & development of small scale industries. This Institute, along with SISI, Nagpur and Branch Institute at Aurangabad extend their services in Maharashtra.
O/o. DC (MSME), under the Ministry of MSME is the Apex body at the national level, headed by Development commissioner, (MSME) formulates the policy governing the Micro, Small & Medium Industries Sector in the country and chalk out schemes and programmes for development of the SSI sector. MSME also monitors the implementation of policies and the activities of promotion of small scale industries with active involvement of the State Directorate of Industries, through its network of 30 Small Industries Service Institutes (SISI), in all the states.
MSME-DI, Mumbai provides various types of extension services and assistance in setting up of units, promotions and development of products and services by the MSME. The Institute has technical Officers to provide guidance in all trades i.e. Metallurgy, Mechanical, Chemical, Leather, Glass & Ceramics, Electrical, Electronics, Food Industry, Management & Economic Investigation etc.
DETAILS OF MAJOR EXENSION SERVICES PROVIDED BY THE INSTITUTE ARE GIVEN BELOW
- Technical Consultancy
- Industrial Management Training
- Economic Information
- Entrepreneurial Development Programmes, Schemes for Educated Unemployed Youth/Prime
- Minister’s Rozgar Yojana (PMRY)
- Technology Resource Centre Facilities
- Ancillary Development/Sub Contract Exchange
- Marketing Assistance
- Modernisation/Technology Up gradation
- Export Promotion & Marketing Assistance for rehabilitation of sick units
- Common Facility and Training
- Library Facility
- Assistance to State Govt. Agencies
- Technical Assistance to various Central Govt. Agencies, Incentives for Small Scale Sector
TECHNICAL CONSULTYANCY SERVICES.
- Technical guidance
- Identification and preparation of Project profiles/reports
- Selection of Equipment, Machinery & Raw Materials.
- Technical Up-gradation /Quality control.
- Technical Seminar/ Workshop/ Clinic.
- To prepare technical literature/ papers etc.
MANTERIAL CONSULTANCY SERVICES.
- Conduct various Industrial Management Course e.g. Personnel, Finance, Marketing, Taxation, Export etc.
- Improvement of Quality, Productivity of Labour etc.
- Techno-Economical and Managerial, Appraisal reports to Banks/Financial Institutions.
- Technical Training Course on product development etc.
- Short-term / Tailor-made Technical Courses.
ECONOMIC INVESTIGATION SERVICES.
- Industrial Potential Survey / Market Surveys.
- Feasibility reports / State Industrial Profile.
- Sample Survey / Collection of Statistics.
- SSI Census.
- Review Report / Production Index
- Assistance and Rehabilitation of sick Units.
- Advice/ guidance on policy issues.
- Guidance on facilities available with Banks, Financial Institutions etc.
ENTREPRENEURIAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMMES (EDPs)
- General One Month EDP Course.
- Product and process EDP Programmes.
- EDP for Women Entrepreneurs.
- Product / Process Demonstrations.
- To assist various institutions and Agencies for EDP.
PRIME MINISTER’S ROZGAR YOUJANA
- To provide information about the different Schemes.
- To help beneficiaries in identifying suitable projects.
- To collect application forms in the district of Mumbai & place them before Task Force Committee.
- To Co-ordinate PMRY activities with State Government.
COUNSELLING, RE-TRAINING & REDEPLOYMENT OF VRS OPTEES OF CPSUs.
- Nodal Agency. Identified by Department of Public Enterprises for implementation of the above programme.
- Conducts sensitization programmes & Awareness Campaigns for motivation VRS Optees & VRS released employees to join for the programmes.
- Conduct training programme of 20/40 days duration, useful for self-employment of VRS employees.
TECHNOLOGY RESOURSE CENTRE.
A Technology Resource Centre has been functioning in the Institute since Sept/ OCT. 2001. It serves as one stop Technology Sourcing through highly computerized connective environment linkages. It serves the need of existing & Prospective entrepreneurs at minimal & competitive costs. Technical divisions of the Institute also source the technologies for providing to short and long training courses held by the Institutes in the fields of Chemical, IMT Mechanical, etc. A data base related to SS is under creation.
ANCILLARY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMMES.
- Identifications of Ancillary items for large/ small scale industries.
- Interaction with public / private sector undertakings.
- Preparation of Ancillary report / Directory.
- Organising State Level Ancillary Development Programme-Cum-Exhibition or SMEs.
- Both Global & Joint Venture out Sourcing.
MARKETING ASSISTRANCE AND SRVICES.
- Provide Market information.
- Assist to prepare market feasibility report.
- Indirect market support through Sub-Contract Exchange.
- Marketing assistance for Govt. / Semi-Govt. programme through single point NSIC Registration.
- Marketing Buyer-Sellers-Meet-cum-Exhibition.
EXPORT PROMOTION SERVICES.
- Export Market information.
- Export process and procedures information.
- Export Management training.
- Export Packaging training.
- Seminar / Workshop on Export related procedures.
- Arrange and forward exhibits to foreign trade fairs…
- Preparation of Export directory and reports.
- Seminar or “Bar Coding”
- WTO Sensitization Seminars & Activities.
- Seminars on IPR/Investigation of Anti-Dumping etc.
MODERNISATION / TECHNOLOTY UPGRADATION SERVICES.
- Undertaking in-plant studies.
- Conduct cluster studies.
- Programmes on Technology up-gradation / quality up-gradation & ISO-9000/Energy Conservation.
- Conducting Awareness Programme/ Seminar/ Workshop on Pollution Control & ODS Phase Out.
- Undertaking industry studies.
- Co-ordination of Modernisation Activities.
COMMON FACILITY SERVICES.
- Workshop facilities for undertaking jobs, jigs and fixtures, pressed tools, complicated jobs etc.
- Industrial Design.
- Machines Shop Practices for six month.
- Short term courses on CNC Wire-cut machine and CNC Milling & Boring Machine.
- The Institute has enriched Library containing different types of Technical Books. Magazines, Journals & reports relating to Industries.
The Biotechnology Cell set up in this Institute performs the activities such as:
- Dissemination of Techno Commercial Information on Bio-Tech Projects.
- Organise Workshop, Seminars in Biotechnology.
- Technical Counselling for modernisation of existing Biotech SMEs.
TOY DESIGN CENTRE.
The Centre caters to the design & of the needs of the Toy Industries especially in the following areas:
- It centres a Toy Design Cell with the latest Software’s.
- Assist existing and new small scale toy manufacturers in designing new toys.
- Counselling for Mould making.
- Organizes Seminars, Workshops etc. for capacity building of S.S. Toys Industries.
CAD/ CAM CENTRE.
In Association with Indo German Tools Room Aurangabad (an ISO 9000 company). This Institute has set up CAD/CAM Training Centre. The training programmes in the following software’s are offered to the Engineering Graduates, Diploma Holders and working Professionals, in engineering disciplines.
CNC Programming & Machining, CATIA, UNIGRAPHIC (DESIGN), SOLID EDGE, MEDT, INVENTOR, INTERGRATED COURSE IN CAD /CAM.
ASSISTANCE TO STATE GOVT. AGENCIES.
Provide all sorts of technical and other assistance to State Agencies like DICs, State Directorate of Industries, Corporation and various other industrial developmental agencies in the State.
TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE TO VARIOUS CENTRAL GOVT. AGENCES LIKE.
- NSIC, BIS CSIR. ETC.
- All sorts of assistance and support to various NGOs. Associations and Institutions involved in the promotion and development of industries.
CONTACT DETAILS OF MSME-MUMBAI
MSME- Development Institute
Ministry of MSME, Govt. of India,
Kurla Andheri Road, Sakinana
Tel. : 28576090/3091 /7166
Fax : 28578092
Email : email@example.com
Website : www.sisimumbai.com
Khadi & Village Industries Commission (KVIC)
OBJECTIVES AND FUNCTIONS
OBJDECTIVES; The broad objectives that the KVIC has set before it are…
- The social objective of providing employment.
- The economic objectr5ive of producing saleable articles.
- The wider objective of creating self-reliance amongst the poor and building up of a strong rural community spirit.
FUNCTIONS: Some of the major functions of KVC …
- The KVIC is charged with the planning. Promotion, organisation and implementation of programs for the development of khadi and other village industries in the rural areas in coordination with other agencies engaged in rural development wherever necessary.
- Its functions also comprise building up of a reserve of raw materials and implements for supply to producers. Creation of common service facilities for processing of raw materials as semi-finished goods and provisions of facilities for marketing of KVI product apart the organization of training of artisans engaged in these industries and encouragement of co-operative efforts amongst them.
- The promote the sale and marketing of Khadi and / or products of village industries or handicrafts, the KVIC may
- Forge linkages with established marketing agencies wherever feasible and necessary.
- The KVIC is also charged with the responsibility of encouraging and promoting research in the production techniques and equipment employed in the Khadi and village Industries sector and providing facilities for the study for the problems relating to it, including the use of non-conventional energy and electric power with a view to increasing productivity, eliminating drudgery and otherwise enhancing their competitive capacity and arranging for dissemination of salient results obtained from such research.
- Further, the KVIC is entrusted with the task of providing financial assistance to institutions and individuals for development and operation of Khadi and village industries and guiding them through supply of designs. Prototypes and other technical information.
- In implementing KVIC activities, the KVIC may take such steps as to ensure genuineness of the products and to set standards of quality and ensure that the products of Khadi and village industries do conform the standards.
- The KVIC may also undertake directly or through other agencies studies concerning the problems of Khadi and /or village industries besides research or establishing pilot projects for the development of Khadi and village industries.
- The KVIC is authorized to establish and maintain separate organisations for the purpose of carrying out any or all of the above matters besides carrying out any other matters incidental to its activities.
|Khadi & Village Industries Commission, Royal Insurance Building, 4th floor 14 Jamshedji Tata Road,
City : Mumbai ● Pin code: 400 020
National Small Industries Corporation Ltd. (NSIC). On ISO 9001 certified company. Since its establishment in 1955, has been working to fulfil its mission of promoting, aiding and fostering the growth of smalls ale industries and industry related small scale services / business enterprises in the country.
Over a period of five decades of transition. Growth and development, NSIC has proved its strength within the country and abroad by promoting modernization, up gradation of technology, quality consciousness.
Strengthening linkages with large and medium enterprises and enhancing exports projects and products from small industries.
NSIC operates through 6 Zonal Offices. 26 Branch Offices. 15 Branch Offices. 15 Sub Offices, 5 Technical Services Centres, 3 Extension Centres and 2 software Technology Parks supported by a team of over 5000 professionals spread across the country.
The manage operations in Gulf and African countries NSIC operates from its offices in Dubai and Johannesburg.
NSIC carries forward its mission to assist small enterprises with a set of specially tailored schemes designed to put them in a competitive and advantageous position. The schemes comprises of facilitating marketing support, credit support, technology support and other support services.
- Consortia and Tender Marketing.
- Single Point Registration for Government Purchase.
- Exhibitions and Technology Fairs.
- Buyer-Seller meets.
- Export of Products and Projects.
- Credit Support
- Equipment Financing.
- Financing for procurement of Raw Material (Short term)
- Financing for Marketing Activities (Short term)
- Finance through syndication with Banks.
- Performance and Credit Rating Scheme for small industries.
- Infomediary Services.
- Mentoring and Advisory Services.
- Software Technology Parks.
- Science and Technology Part /Technology Business Incubators.
- International Cooperation.
- International consultancy services.
Prestige Chambers, Kalyan Street.
The Textiles Committee’s main objective is to ensure the quality of textiles and textile machinery both for internal consumption and export purposes. The Textiles Committee. As corollary to its main objective of ensuring the quality of textiles and textiles machinery has been entrusted with the following functions, under Section 4 of the Act:
- To undertake, assist and encourage, scientific, technological and economic research.
- To establish standard specifications for textiles, textile machinery and the packing
- To establish laboratories for the testing of textiles and textile machinery.
- To provide training in the techniques of quality control.
- To provide for the inspection and examination of textiles and textile machinery
- To promote export of textiles.
- To collect statistics and
- To advise the Central Government on all matters relating to textiles and textile machinery.
- Balu Road, Off. Veer Savarkar Marg.
Prabahadevi Chowk, Prabhadevi,
Mumbai- 400 025
Tel: 91-22-66527507, 66527500 (Board)
Ministry of Textiles, Govt. of India
162/11, Railway Lines
Indian Trade Promotion Organisation (ITPO)
India Trade Promotion Organisation (ITPO) is the nodal agency of the Government of India for promoting the country’s external trade.
ITPO, during its existence of nearly three decades, in the form of trade Fair Authority of India and Trade Development Authority, has played a proactive role in catalysing trade, investment and technology transfer process.
It promotional tools include organizing of fairs and exhibitions in India and abroad, Buyer-Seller Meets, Contact Promotion Programmes. Product Promotion Programmes and Promotion through Overseas Department stores, Market surveys and information Dissemination.
ITPO has an extensive infrastructure as well as marketing and information facilities that are availed by both exporters india and importers.
ITPO’s overseas offices assist buyers seeking information relating to sourcing products from India. ITPO’s overseas offices at New York. Frankfurt, Tokyo “Moscow and sao Paulo are pursuing opportunities for enhancement of India’s trade and investment.
Indian Trade Promotion Organisation (ITPO)
Pragati Bhawan, Pragati Maidan
New Delhi- 110 001
New Delhi-110 001
7, Cooperage Road
Directorate of Industries
The Directorate of Industries is an executive arm of the Industries Department and is engaged in implementation of Govt’s policies for all round development of industries in the State by seeking coordination amongst the State level promotional corporations and other Departments/ agencies of the Govt. relating to industries.
Its main functions are:
- To implement Industrial Policy 2001 / 2006 of the Government.
- Suggest Policy measure to the Government for effecting healthy and all round industrial development in the State in view of challenges and opportunities posed to the industry in the prevailing economic scenario.
- Assist Government in formulation of various polices viz. Industrial Policy, SEZ Polity, It policy. It policy, BT Policy, Package Scheme of Incentives, etc.
- Implement various promotional schemes.
- Resolving the operational problems of industry by inter departmental coordination.
Directorate of Industries.
Government of Maharashtra
2nd Floor, New Administrative Bldg.,
|Sr. No.||Office /Depart./ Organisation||Office in Maharashtra
|1||Office of the Development Commissioner (MSME) 7 th Floor, Nirman Bhavan New Delhi 110011||Director, Small Industries Service Institute. Govt. of India. Ministry of MSME, Sakinaka, Mumbai 400072
|2||Director General Foreign Trade
Udyog Bhavan, New Delhi 110011
|1) The Joint Director General Foreign Trade, Central Govt. Offices New Bldg. New Marine Lines, Churchgate Mumbai 400020
2) Jt. DGFT.
PMT Commercial Complex.
|3||National Small Industries Corporation NSIC Ltd., Okhala, New Delhi NSIC||NSIC Prestige Chambers, Kalyan Street, Masjid (East) Mumbai 40009
|4||State Directorate of Industries||Development Commissioner (Industries) Govt. of Maharashtra 2 nd Floor, New Administrative Bldg. Opp. Mantralaya Mumbai 400032 Or
Office of General Manager District Industries Centre in each District.
|5||Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC)||KVIC Vile Parle, Mumbai 400056|
|6||Federation of Indian Export Organisations (EIEO)||Federation of Indian Export Organisation (EIEO)
World Trade Centre No. 1. 11 th floor Cuffe Parade, Mumbai 400005
|7||Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) B-21,Kutub Institutional Area Mehruli Road , New Delhi 110016|
|8||Indian Institute of Packaging (IIP)||Indian Institute of Packaging (IIP)
E-2, MIDC, Marol, Andheri (East)
|9||World Trade Institute||WTI, World Trade Centre No.1
31 st Floor, Cuffe Parade, Mumbai 400005
|10||Export Import Bank of India (EXIM Bank)||Export Import Bank of India (EXIM Bank )
21 st floor , world centre No.1 Cuffe Parade, Mumbai 400005
|11||Textile Committee|| Textile Committee,
P.Blu Road , Off, Veer Savarkar Marg.
Tel: 91-22-66527507 , 66527500 (Board)
Fax : 91-22-66527509
E-Mail : Secy@giasbm01.vsnl.net.in
Ministry of Textiles ,Govt. of India
162/11, Railway Lines
|12||Export Inspection Agency||Export Inspection Agency
Opera House, Mumbai 400 007
|13||Bureau of Indian Standard (BIS)||Bureau of Indian Standard (BIS)
Manakalya, MNIDC, Andhere.
Mumbai 400 093
|14||A few industry Associations||A Few Industries Association –( For Certificate of Origin)
1) All India Manufacturer’s Organisation. 4 the Floor, Jeevan Sahakar, Sir P.M.Rd., Fort Mumbai-1
2) Chamber of Small Industry Associations, TSSIA House, Plot No: P-26, Road 16/t, Wagle Industrial Estate, Thane.
3) Thane Small Scale Industries Association, TSSIA House, Plot No: P-26, Road 16/t, Wagle Industrial Estate, Thane.
4) Maharashtra Chamber of Commerce & Industry , Oricon House, 6 th Flklor, 12 K. Dubhash Marg, Fort Mumbai-1
Institutional Support for Exporters India, topic has been discussed in this import export course…